Dear Friends in Christ,
As we continue to discover a “new normal” (however temporary) is responding to the emerging of the pandemic, we reach another weekend where we are sacrificing our ability to celebrate the Eucharist for the common good and the slowing of the spread of the virus.
Once again, I invite you (as individuals or as groups of people at home) to be creative in preserving a sacred space in your weekly routine where God’s presence can be experienced, using the time you would have set aside to come to Mass at church.
In this e-mail you will find resources for your time of worship at home. You might:
- Use the pre-Mass mediation video for quiet prayer.
- Sound the Shofar as a call to prayer and reflection.
- Read the scripture readings assigned for this weekend and share your reflections.
- Use my homily (prepared for this weekend) for added inspiration.
- Pray together the Intercessions for this weekend, concluding with the Lord’s Prayer.
- And conclude with the song “Open My Eyes, Lord”
This time of reflection at home can keep us all united in prayer as the Body of Christ until we can assemble again for the weekly celebration of the Eucharist in our church building. I am praying for you, and ask you to pray for me. Stay healthy!