My fellow parishioners,
I am writing to you from my remote office (i.e. – my kitchen table) and missing the energy and camaraderie of our parish office. We can certainly argue that the work of the church is “essential,” but it is important to keep our staff, volunteers and parishioners safe. As a result, the parish staff is now working remotely. While we are not physically in the office, we are working to set up, as much as we can, virtual interaction across ministries, in faith formation and sacramental preparation.
There are parishioners facing extraordinary financial challenges due to job loss or reduced work hours as a result of the mandate for businesses to close in Maryland. If you are in this struggle, please know that our parish family is praying for your family.
During this difficult time, the generosity of our parishioners shines forth, as always. In offering your stewardship to those in need, both within and beyond the parish, you truly reflect a community that “gives selflessly.” I feel so blessed to be a parishioner and staff member.
At his press conference on 23 March, Governor Hogan said, “I…ask that you keep giving to your local churches who are not able to pass the collection baskets on Sundays and to all the other volunteer organizations, all of whom are desperately in need of your donations so that they can continue to help others in our community.”
Many thanks to those parishioners who have sent in their offertory and mortgage envelopes over the last week. And thanks also to the 250 families who are enrolled in electronic giving through Faith Direct, with several families enrolling this past week.
If you are able to support the parish financially at this time, here’s how you can do so while the collection baskets sit idly in the sacristy.
- Electronic giving – all links and forms are on our website – www.saintdrexel.org/about-us/financial-stewardship/. You can use Faith Direct in several ways:
- Recurring donations – You can enroll online or by mailing or faxing a form to Faith Direct. Your donations are deducted monthly from your bank account or charged to your credit card.
- One Time gifts – make a one-time gift online to offertory and to the mortgage.
- Text to Give – Text the amount you want to give to the offertory and/or mortgage to 301-302-0551 and click the link to register and complete your credit card gift. You only need to register once, just type your amount in thereafter.
- Drop off your envelopes – The parish office vestibule in the school building is open seven days a week from 10AM to 3PM. We have installed a mail slot in the parish office door so you can leave your envelopes in a secure location. You can also drop off donations for the Frederick Food Bank in the blue bin which is now located in the office vestibule.
- Mail in your envelopes (checks only, no cash) to our parish office.
May we continue to support each other as the body of Christ throughout this challenging time.
Blessings to you and your families,
Director of Parish Operations