Dear Friends in Christ,
This weekend we begin Holy Week through our observance of Palm Sunday. This will be the first Palm Sunday of my life when I will not braid a piece of palm in the way my Polish grandmother taught me as a child. So many things are different for us this year, and it will be a year we will never forget…
Lest we forget our faith, I invite you (as individuals or as groups of people at home) to be creative in preserving a sacred space in your weekly routine where God’s presence can be experienced, using the time you would have set aside to come to Mass at church.
In this e-mail you will find resources for your time of worship at home. You might:
- Use the pre-Mass mediation video for quiet prayer.
- Read this introduction to the celebration of Palm Sunday.
- Sound the Shofar as a call to prayer and reflection.
- Read the first and second scripture readings assigned for this weekend and then view the gospel video.
- Use the homily included here on video for added inspiration and discuss (if praying with others).
- Pray together the Intercessions for this weekend, concluding with the Lord’s Prayer.
- And conclude with the song “Were You There?”
This time of reflection at home can keep us all united in prayer as the Body of Christ until we can assemble again for the weekly celebration of the Eucharist in our church building. If you have children in your house and would like to try a Children’s Liturgy of the Word, please use the resources here.