Middle School Youth Ministry
Staff Contact: Ana Maria Alvarado, Pastoral Associate
Our youth ministry program begins with our middle schoolers in 6th – 8th grades. Providing opportunities for growing in faith, in community, and service-centered discipleship, our middle school youth ministry focuses on creating a sense of welcome and belonging within our parish. Have a look below for ongoing events, upcoming events, and resources.
Starting April 28th, we will be having Middle School youth group every Tuesday at 4:00 PM until the shutdown is over. Please contact Ana Maria Alvarado if you would like more information on how to access our zoom meeting at Ana.Alvarado@saintdrexel.org
The first day of middle school youth ministry will be September 29 from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- Our SKD middle school youth group is going to join hundreds of other teens from the Archdiocese in the annual middle school retreat day “Rise up” on 22 March 2020. If you are interested in attending please contact Ana Maria Alvarado at Ana.Alvarado@saintdrexel.org or go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c45adad29a1fb6-rise to sign up.
- Youth group gatherings open to parish middle schoolers and their friends for the 2019-2020 school year will meet on 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 12/8, 12/15, 1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26, 2/9, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, & 3/29, 7:00 – 8:00 PM. Click here for the permission form.
- Games Night at Citizen’s Nursing Home on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM. You can sign up by emailing Ana Maria Alvarado, or you can go to SignUpGenius and sign yourself up. Click here for the permission form.
- L’Arche Service Project, an outreach to the developmentally disabled, one Friday per month at SKD, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Click here for the permission form.
- Monthly service at the Frederick Community Action Agency soup kitchen serving dinner from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on the 1st & 2nd Fridays of each month. You can sign up by emailing Ana Maria Alvarado, or you can go to SignUpGenius and sign yourself up. Click here for the permission form.