Young Adult Ministry
Staff Contact: Ana Maria Alvarado, Pastoral Associate
In the busyness of our lives, in the midst of school and work and relationships, God calls to us. How is God calling you? Our young adult ministry seeks to help our young adults from 18-39 years old to listen for God’s voice, to encourage them to live out their call to discipleship, and to gather them together within the parish and regionally to provide a community of faith.
Are you a young adult that’s living alone? Would you like to watch our liturgy together? We are holding a Facebook event for young adults (or those young at heart). Please contact Ana-Maria Alvarado at Ana.Alvarado@saintdrexel.org if you would like more information on how to join in.
We are currently meeting every Sunday for a liturgical based bible study during our “coffee and zoom event”. If you are interested in joining this break out group please contact Ana Maria Alvarado at Ana.Alvarado@saintdrexel.org
Online Networking and Young Adult Sites
- “Catholic Keys”, our Catholic Young Adults of Frederick Facebook group (this is our primary means of communicating upcoming events (https://www.facebook.com/groups/frederickyoungadults/)
- Baltimore Catholic Young Adult Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/16751346570/)
- Baltimore Catholic Young Adult website (http://www.baltimorecatholic.org/)
- Busted Halo – Young adult site supported by the Paulists (https://bustedhalo.com/)
- Sacred Space – Online prayer space run by Irish Jesuits (https://www.sacredspace.ie/)
- Three Minute Retreats – Daily meditations on readings from scripture all boiled down to three minutes (https://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer)