Staff Contact: Theresa Anderson, Pastoral Associate
As a growing community, we are more and more aware of the needs of our own parishioners. Caring Connections is a collection of outreach ministries of parishioners caring for parishioners. Within Caring Connections, we have:
- Meals -Meals are made for someone who is homebound, in treatment or recovering from illness.
- Nurses from the Parish – assist at the celebration of the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick at weekend Masses; offer Blood Pressure Screenings one weekend a month following all Masses, assist at SKD Blood Drives
- Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion -volunteers who visit with and distribute Eucharist to the homebound and those in assisted living and nursing home facilities
- Healing Prayer Team – trained parishioners who sit in prayer with parishioners who have specific prayer needs
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – meets regularly to knit/crochet and pray over shawls made for members of SKD community.
- Elder Outreach Network – Check in with the “senior” parishioners to help maintain a connection to the parish.
- Bereavement – assists in meeting the spiritual, emotional and other needs of those who have experienced the loss of a loved one
- Rides – Provides transportation to doctor appointments, groceries, and light errands for parishioners in need.
Dept. of Aging General Number: 301-600-1605
Caregiving Support: 301-600-6001
Frederick County Senior Services Department:
Resource Guides Blue Book