FORMING LOVING DISCIPLES
We are a Eucharistic people. We are brought together by our sharing in and our embodiment of the Body of Christ. As a community, we celebrate liturgy, come together for prayer and quiet reflection, and mark the moments in our lives where we experience the presence of God.
We welcome you to explore the opportunities for worship and prayer within the community and the ways that we prepare to celebrate the sacraments of the Church.
Baptismal and First Eucharistic Preparation for Teens
We will be starting RCIA for Teens (At SKD we call it RCIT). Classes will be starting 6 October 2022 with students receiving the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation and/or First Communion in January. Please see below if you think you have a student or know a student who might be a good candidate.
- Students must have completed some sort of faith formation (TGIF, Home Study, FIRE, attended a Catholic School, or completed a certified program at another parish) Last school year (2020-2021)
- Students must be willing to register for a faith formation program this year (FOF, Home Study, FIRE, or attend a Catholic School)
- Students must be at least 12 years old or currently be in 6th grade
- Students must be 18 or under AND still be enrolled in grade school
- This program is for teens who still need to prepare and receive the sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation and/or First communion (students who have already received any of the mentioned but are still missing any of the mentioned are encouraged to sign up)
You must register by 30 September if you are looking to be baptized and 31 October for all other Sacraments. If you have questions or concerns about this information, please feel free to contact Ana Maria Alvarado.
There will be an optional parent information meeting on September 13 at 7 pm in the school’s media center.